Trap Shelter Forums
Welcome.
Trap Shelter Forums
Welcome.
Trap Shelter Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Trap Shelter Forums

Trap Chat //////// Trap Blog

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

IRC, Flash or AJAX?

Go down 
+6
Fallen
cool_boy_mew
krogoth04
Madmad13
OHMYGAWD
Fewmets
10 posters

Which type of chat would you prefer?
IRC (like we have now)
IRC, Flash or AJAX? Vote_lcap29%IRC, Flash or AJAX? Vote_rcap
 29% [ 5 ]
Flash (don't know of a good example)
IRC, Flash or AJAX? Vote_lcap0%IRC, Flash or AJAX? Vote_rcap
 0% [ 0 ]
AJAX ( like we had at TH)
IRC, Flash or AJAX? Vote_lcap71%IRC, Flash or AJAX? Vote_rcap
 71% [ 12 ]
Total Votes : 17

Poll closed

AuthorMessage
Fewmets

Fewmets

IRC, Flash or AJAX? Empty
PostSubject: IRC, Flash or AJAX?   IRC, Flash or AJAX? Icon_minitimeSun Feb 26, 2012 6:18 am

The new site is currently planning to be and most likely will be using a continuation of this IRC chat. I want to get people opinions about that chat though just for personal opinion and soi that Mew can see exactly where preferences lie.

IRC would be exactly what you're using right now. It's minimalistic (text and hyperlinks only) and has log in problems for certain people but it can be implemented into most IM clients.

Flash is just awful but I'll leave it as an option. Flash chats would have a lot of functionality but would require flash, hog massive amounts of memory, be hard on the server, and offer large security holes in the website. It would only be viewable from the website and only with flash player.

AJAX would be like what was on Trap Heaven. A fairly minimal system but having formatting, picture linking, and, unlike TH, a public log that everyone could see. Again it would only be viewable from the website but would need no additional software.

It doesn't sound Like it will change but I think that we might as well see where opinion lies.
Back to top Go down
OHMYGAWD

OHMYGAWD

PostSubject: Re: IRC, Flash or AJAX?   IRC, Flash or AJAX? Icon_minitimeSun Feb 26, 2012 6:19 am

ajax! cheers
Back to top Go down
Madmad13

Madmad13

PostSubject: Re: IRC, Flash or AJAX?   IRC, Flash or AJAX? Icon_minitimeSun Feb 26, 2012 6:20 am

ive grown quite fond of Ajax =)
Back to top Go down
krogoth04

krogoth04

PostSubject: Re: IRC, Flash or AJAX?   IRC, Flash or AJAX? Icon_minitimeSun Feb 26, 2012 6:21 am

AJAX was a lot more user friendly and was easier to follow(different font colors breaking up walls of monochrome text, and an adjustable sound that indicated various changes in the chat).
Back to top Go down
cool_boy_mew

PostSubject: Re: IRC, Flash or AJAX?   IRC, Flash or AJAX? Icon_minitimeSun Feb 26, 2012 6:27 am

krogoth04 wrote:
AJAX was a lot more user friendly and was easier to follow(different font colors breaking up walls of monochrome text, and an adjustable sound that indicated various changes in the chat).

You can do all of that on IRC if you use a real client
Back to top Go down
Fallen

Fallen

PostSubject: Re: IRC, Flash or AJAX?   IRC, Flash or AJAX? Icon_minitimeSun Feb 26, 2012 6:28 am

IRC has my attnetion but yes, AJAX would be nice. but kinda different.

There was a nice one on Heaven and Earth, but never got what it was.
Back to top Go down
ShiSasuke

ShiSasuke

PostSubject: Re: IRC, Flash or AJAX?   IRC, Flash or AJAX? Icon_minitimeSun Feb 26, 2012 7:27 am

Depends on the community Internet. I suppose IRC would be best. Though Ajax was right on point.

It doesn't matter which one for me. Just make sure it isn't flawed.

Back to top Go down
Ellietrap

Ellietrap

PostSubject: Re: IRC, Flash or AJAX?   IRC, Flash or AJAX? Icon_minitimeSun Feb 26, 2012 5:30 pm

I definitely prefer the IRC by far.
Back to top Go down
Lady_Trampleton

Lady_Trampleton

PostSubject: Re: IRC, Flash or AJAX?   IRC, Flash or AJAX? Icon_minitimeSun Feb 26, 2012 7:33 pm

AJAX for me, but it could be anything as long as it works. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Phoenixia

Phoenixia

PostSubject: Re: IRC, Flash or AJAX?   IRC, Flash or AJAX? Icon_minitimeSun Feb 26, 2012 11:54 pm

I would say ajax, because I liked what TH had, and all the examples of flash I can think of I do not think would be as good (chatango, xat, etc).
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: IRC, Flash or AJAX?   IRC, Flash or AJAX? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

IRC, Flash or AJAX?
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Trap Shelter Forums :: Announcements :: Site updates-
Jump to: